Bali Promotion Center

Bali Promotion Center
Bali Promotion Center Media Promosi Online

September 18, 2013

An exclusive interview with Wenxia Yu, the reigning Miss World 2012

An exclusive interview with the reigning Miss World 2012 
                       Ms. Wenxia Yu, the reigning Miss World 2012 
Yu Wenxia (Chinese: 于文霞; pinyin: Yú Wénxiá; born 6 August 1989) is a Chinese beauty queen. She won Miss World 2012 in Ordos City, Inner Mongolia. This is the second time Miss China has been awarded the title in 2007 when Zhang Zilin took the honor.

Ms. Wenxia Yu at a glance

Born on 6 August 1989 in Shangzhi, Heilongjiang in the Northeast of China, Yu has ever dreamed of becoming a famous singer as a child. She has always possessed the spirit of a winner, she considered it  as one of her proudest moments when she managed to be in the 4th place in a race against 180 children in the third grade.
As a child she enjoyed classes in music and nature. She has always loved music and singing and started singing classes at the age of 8. In fact when visitors would come over for dinner, they were often entertained by her singing as her parents would encourage her to give a singing performance for their guests. She went on to complete a four-year university course in Chinese Folk Music at Harbin University, and would often entertain her friends with her powerful and impressive voice. She describes her parents as very good people. When she was born, her parents were both farmers and she says that they were very keen for her and her sister to attend a good school and receive a good education, so the family moved home when Wenxia was just 5 years old.
She is very close to her sister who is two years older. They’ve always got on very well because when her parents used to go out to work, she was well looked after by her sister who would take her everywhere she went, as a result they share many of the same friends. Her favorite foods are steamed dumplings and she absolutely loves spicy noodles. In her spare time, she enjoys going shopping with friends and eating out.
When asked how she felt at winning the Miss World crown, she replied, “Surprised and very happy. Winning Miss World is a big responsibility; there is so much to learn. I really admire Zhang Zilin, my country’s first Miss World winner, I hope to follow her example, but at the same time make my own mark. I very much look forward to working with the Miss World Organization sharing my compassion and love and helping to improve the lives of many people throughout my year of reign



We spoke to the reigning Miss World  2012 Wenxia Yu about her time as Miss World, her time in Bali and more!

So Wenxia, Your year as Miss World is nearly up, in fact it has been slightly longer than a year for you! How do you feel now that it is nearly time for you to pass on the crown?

  Yes my reign is longer than that of the previous winners. However, I think this comes in the package of being a Miss World. From the moment of winning the title until the next final, no matter whether it takes one year or over a year, my reign is officially over when I pass on the crown to the new Miss World. To be honest, it is a bit difficult for me to let go of the crown however even after I’ve passed it on, it doesn’t mean that I am not a Miss World any more. In the future, I will continue working hard, doing what a Miss World is supposed to do, sending out the positivity to the world and giving the world more beauty with a purpose.

You have been to many countries, met many people and spread much happiness around the globe. Can you tell us a little bit about some of the highlights of the year for you?

  I think every one of the visits and countries during my Miss World year is memorable. I still remember the award gala that I went with Mrs. Morley in Perth, which is to benefit the local children with disabilities. I was presenting awards at the gala, during which the children brought us the performances and each one of them is outstanding. There was one child’s performance that  amazed me. That was a teenage girl who cannot see. Even though she cannot see, she still presented us a very beautiful singing and piano-playing performance. The melody was so stunning that I was touched. She has even given me more energy. From this experience I learnt that even as Miss World, I still have to learn from others and absorb the positive energy and pass on the positivity to the rest of the world. These are all the most precious and important things I’ve learned during this year.

Which has been your absolute favorite moment as Miss World?

  My favorite moment is when I am with the children and singing to them. The kids in almost every one of the schools and hospitals saw Miss World in real life for the very first time. They probably have met her in their dreams, however the satisfaction and happiness on their faces when playing with them just made my heart sing. Being a Miss World means bringing happiness and smiles to people when working on charity and social causes.

Has your year as Miss World been as you expected it to be like?

  I didn’t know what to expect, as what I saw from the previous winners is only the very surface. However, after becoming Miss World, I’ve learnt to adjust to the new working and living environment and realized how much more I have to learn. I have much more responsibilities  coming from this job. Actually when I look back now, this has been the year that I grew up the fastest because I’ve been through so much. All of these projects are relevant to our charity projects, being it the visit to Haiti or  fundraising in Iowa in the United States. I always try my best when it comes to Miss World assignments. I hope I have helped those lovely children among our projects.

Looking back on the year, which person stands out for you as the most inspirational that you met on your travels?

  I think it will be Mrs. Morley. Not only because I’ve spent the most time with her during this year and we have had more understanding of each other. She teaches me English, corrects my pronunciation like a mother. However, during work I’ve seen her amazing adaptibility and serious dedication, all of which has inspired me a lot. She will explain everything to me very carefully and patiently, like a teacher. All those suggestions are so important to me.

What does the future hold for you after the 28th of September, when you will pass on the title to this year’s winner?

  Although my Miss World year is approaching the end, I do believe that it will be the start of a new journey. Since my parents do not have income, I will return home to find a job that suits me and improve my parents’ life as a daughter is supposed to. Meanwhile, I will further my study in singing. This is what I have in mind right now.

If you could go back in time and give yourself one piece of advice the minute after you were crowned Miss World, what would it be?。

 

That I should enjoy the moment and try to remember as much detail as possible. Probably because I was too nervous at the time, my brain was a bit empty.

What advice do you have for this year’s contestants vying for the Miss World 2013 title ?

  During the final, appreciate every day that you have to spend with others and do not stress out. Enjoy the family atmosphere because you can be the best of you when you are most natural and relaxed.


Source : Miss World Organization  

The theme of Miss World 2013 is "Bring Indonesia's Beauty to the World "

This 63rd Miss World final show to take place at the Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center

The tickets can be purchased online  at http://missworld.loket.com/

Top Model will be held on 24 September 2013  at the Mangupura Hall, Westin Hotel - Nusa Dua, Bali

Miss World 2013 final show will be held on  28 September 2013 at the  Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center

 Miss World 2013 unofficial Final Prediction


Miss World 2013 Top 20 Prediction as of August 24th, Music:Paradise, Belladonna

MISS WORLD 2013 TU TOP 15 MES JUNIO

No comments: